Saturday, September 16, 2006

Once again, it's been a while now since I posted. I've just been having too much fun! On Wednesday, I got to be famous because I was the featured "Grownup Puppy" on the website DailyPuppy.com. Here's my page: Theodore Huxtable, the Boxer Mix. Zach and Stacy sent my picture in, and they liked me! They said lots of people viewed my profile and left nice comments.

Then, this morning, Stacy ran a 5k, and me and Zach ran a 1 mile race together. We've been training for a couple of months now, so I wasn't that worried about the distance. Once we got there, though, I was a little worried about the competition. I saw a bunch of collie mixes, an Irish Wolfhound mix, and even an Italian Greyhound. Zach told me that those dogs might be fast, but winning would come down to teamwork and concentration, and anyway, he didn't think their owners could keep up with him. There was also this tiny pink hairless thing that Stacy said was a dog, but I don't believe her.

Overall, there were about 100 of us dogs running on a 5-foot wide path with our people. It was crazy! At first people were flying in all directions because their dogs took off too fast. I made a friend named Patches before the race, and right after the race started, she got loose! She stayed with the pack for a long way, but she looked scared because she couldn't find her dad. Eventually she crashed into a lady and they both fell down. I think they were fine, though, and everyone finished eventually.

After the big crash, me and Zach made sure the lady was OK and then we raced to catch up with the lead pack. We passed several people on the straightaway (Zach was right, teamwork helped a lot!) and we even passed a collie going at a dead sprint. The next dog to pass was a Husky and she was pretty far ahead. We thought we had a chance to catch up when she started squatting to go potty, but her person convinced her to keep going instead.

We did manage to hold off the collie for the last stretch and ended up finishing 3rd! I got a gold star (which wasn't very interesting), and a dog biscotti, which is something I had never seen before. I think it was chocolate flavored. I wasn't sure what to do with it, so I played with it for a while before figuring out that I could eat it.

Anyway, I got a nice shower when we got home and am taking a well-deserved rest. After the race, a guy from the newspaper said he had taken a picture of us running and wanted to know if he could put us in the paper. If he does, my 15 minutes of fame may just keep going!

Here's me with my award:



And here's me with it under the table. I thought it was something I wasn't supposed to have, so I was trying to hide from Zach:

3 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Rose said...

Go Teddy and Zach! Thank you Teddy for not running too fast for Zach. Did you pull him or did he pull you? I don't think Yak could fun very fast. He would make me carry him. He would like to have his picture made and be given something to eat. Get some rest and post your picture if you get in the paper!

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger gmaburka said...

I'm proud of you Teddy...You are a star! You are upholding the family's reputation for winning awards...You grandmother Rose won 5 ribbons at the fair, and your great grandfather won a ribbon for his jigsaw puzzle entry.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Peter said...

Teddy, I hope that you didn't wear Zach out! Of course, he may be in better shape than I am.

Melissa and I have a dog that likes to run, but she can't keep up with me yet! Her name is Tirzah, which means "delightful" in Hebrew. Maybe you two can meet up one day.

Cheers,
Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home